Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Directions: Empty until Full

Welcome to my very first blogging attempt. 
I am a Christian, "little Christ," so if you watch me you should be able to learn about Christ. I am trusting fully on God's gift of salvation won through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. I have gained access to a personal relationship with God by trusting in Christ's blood. Even when I was God's enemy He provided a way for me to be reconciled to Him(Rom. 5:10.) I boldly proclaim the name of Christ and aim to honor Him in all I say, do, think, and post on this blog. I would be glad to explain my faith to anyone who is interested.



Paradoxical?
How can you empty something until it is full? Isn't the meaning of emptying mean to get rid of everything? If you get rid of everything how can it be full? This reminds me of the widow and Elijah and how as much as she tried she could not get rid of that last little bit of oil because she had obeyed and trusted that God would supply the oil she needed. Over the last 2 years it has been obvious that God has been working on me in the area of emptying myself. Empty yourself???? this is what i mean by emptying myself: I have come to the realization in my spiritual life that God must have control of my life. Romans 12 :1 tells us to present ourselves as living sacrifices. This is not easy especially for me since my tendency is do it all on my own. I have come to the conclusion that nothing and i mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING can satisfy me except Christ. I must empty myself of everything that threatens to stop the filling of myself with Christ. 
Phlippians 3:7  But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 
8  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 
God has worked on me hard to believe this in faith and obey his leading just as the widow and the oil. First he lead my family away from everything i had known my senior year in highschool. Through a very rough time in my life dealing with bitterness and anger. God had taken my identity away from me-my location, reputation could NOT satisfy me fully. I had to empty my identity and take on my identity in Christ. Then He lead me to change my plans for college. He had now taken over my plans and i had to trust Him and empty my plans to take His plans because they are so much higher than mine. Then He took some friends away from me. My friends could NOT satisfy me fully. I had to empty my friendships (not to get rid of all my friends but the idea that they would satisfy me.) and make my relationship with Christ most important. Then this summer i came home from college to the reality that i no longer had a job. He had taken my money (in a very hard way. and He made me choose this time if i was going to do right) Money could not satisfy i had to empty my desire for money out and find the riches of my Father through Christ. I have come to the point where it sounds as though i must be emptied right? WRONG! I am being filled!!!! Every time i had to pour out something of myself that was in the way of being filled with the Holy Spirit, God filled that void and more with Himself. I have overcome my bitterness and anger, received a new identity, found better plans, made godly friends, and he even gave me work for the last part of my summer with a good paying job. I have an abundance of work for many people. And all through His Amazing Grace. I'm not trying to sound like a salesperson here, but i have witnessed God's working in my own life and i am the happiest i have ever been before. So i will continue in my pursuit of emptying myself so that i will be overflowing with God. So here's where it get's down to the point to you, the reader. What is keeping you from being overflowed by God? pride, greed, desiring your own way, relationships? Will you present your self as a sacrifice and count everything as loss to gain Christ? Are you going to Empty yourself until you are overflowing?
-Cabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment